The Christian Hater...

>> Monday, January 3, 2011

You know those people...

Those people

(the ones who are forever finding fault in the lives of others).

They are the people with the extra pointy fingers

and spiritual hearts that hardly ever bleed for the lost and broken.

Those people hurt people

and they hurt them in the name of the Lord.

I notice those people

and get angry with those people

and then I hear that small voice

reminding me that I am not so different

than those people.


Sometimes I find myself looking at other people

and thinking

how I would never

ever

act like them.

And then usually

(shortly thereafter)

the same characteristic or behavior trait manifests in my life

flowing from my spirit.

I am humbled

again

and again

by His Spirit.

I am thankful for the reminder

that this little heart hasn't arrived yet either.

It is becoming...

and it is happy.




1 comments:

shevrae,  January 13, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

The Holy Spirit is a pro at exposing our hypocrisy - and at giving us the desire and ability to change. Praise God for His patience and faithfulness with us!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP