Taming the Tongue

>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some words just sit like a millstone around your neck

Sucking all of the wind out of your sail

Making you feel as if you have to give up

Not in a surrender-all-to-God way, either

But give up the work He has called you to do kind of way

None of us are immune to it

This tearing people down with our words

Our words can tear down

His words encourage His children

Not because we are worthy

Not because we are better than the rest

But because He loves us

(and the Bible tells us this)

That is good enough for me

What do I know?

I know that I am a sinner saved by grace

Saved

By

Grace

I don't deserve it

But I am going to try and enjoy it

If we can enjoy the love of our earthly father

Why not enjoy the love of our Heavenly Father?












0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP